Cygnet Bay Explorer - Scenic Flight & Cruise Included
Home | Broome, WA
7 people have added this to their Bucket List
The Cygnet Bay Explorer Scenic Flight & Cruise day tour is a must-do Aussie Bucket List experience when visiting Broome, Western Australia.
Air Kimberley has been flying the skies of Western Australia for 30 years, exploring ancient cultures, beautiful landscapes, and stunning natural attractions. Flying to some of the most unique awe-inspiring remote wilderness locations in Australia, Air Kimberley’s passion is it to connect people to the Kimberley, increase cultural awareness, to promote sustainable tourism and to share the world’s oldest living culture through unforgettable experiences.
Offering one day explorer tours and overnight adventure safaris all year round, Air Kimberley's highly experienced pilots are additionally trained as tour guides to provide a comprehensive and informative insight into the stunning Kimberley landscape. In collaboration with our tour partners, Air Kimberley offers a diverse and unique choice of tour itineraries which include air, land, and sea safari tours with authentic on country experiences visiting many destinations.
With a diverse fleet of well-maintained aircraft including the Cessna 208 Grand Caravan, GippsAero GA8 Airvan, Cessna 210, 206, and 182, the Air Kimberley fleet provides the flexibility and reliability to provide efficient on-time charter and scenic services to remote destinations. Combined with safety and comfort, every flight with Air Kimberley is an exceptional guest experience.
- Departing Broome we track across the Dampier Peninsula and overhead King Sound, home to Australia's largest tides and amongst the highest in the world.
- Overfly the Horizontal Waterfalls described by Sir David Attenborough as ‘the 8th Natural Wonder of the World.’
- Fly across the stunning Buccaneer Archipelago, home to 1,000 islands made of Precambrian sandstone over 2 billion years old.
- Fly overhead Koolan and Cockatoo Island, home to the world's richest iron ore deposits.
- Landing at the Ardyaloon (One Arm Point) community, enjoy a quick tour of Jologo Beach and Round Rock.
- Visit the Ardyaloon Trochus Hatchery and Aquaculture Centre for morning tea and a guided tour with an experienced local guide. Enjoy a fascinating, educational tour of the Hatchery which contains a diverse range of fish, coral, and crustacean species whilst learning about the Bardi-Jawi people’s strong connection to their saltwater traditions and get up close and personal with the fish and coral species most prevalent in the area.
- After the Hatchery Tour we jump back aboard your aircraft for a short flight to Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm.
- Explore the 'Giant Tides' of the spectacular Kimberley Coast by boat. Feel the power of the world's largest tropical tides as you cruise amongst the giant whirlpools and standing tidal waves on your sea safari.
- Enjoy a Pearl Discovery Tour giving you an insight into the fascinating history of pearling at Cygnet Bay, learn about the cultivation of some of the most sought-after and beautiful pearls in the world.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at Cygnet Bay Pearl Farms on-site restaurant and if time permits enjoy a refreshing swim at their on-site swimming pool.
- Coastal return flight overhead the stunning red cliffs at Cape Leveque, then southbound along the beautiful bays and beaches of the Dampier Peninsula with views of Beagle Bay, James Price Point, Willie Creek Pearl Farm and Broome's world-famous Cable Beach.
- Available: Available February - December
- Duration: Full Day Tour (approx. 11 hours)
- Flight Time: 3.0 hours
- Departure: Available Daily
- What to Bring: Swimwear, Towel, Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Camera
- For safety reasons the minimum age for the sea safari tour is 5 years of age. During neap tides, the Giant Tides Sea Safari is replaced by the Kimberley Island Explorer Boat Tour. This neap tide experience traverses the intertidal zones of the beautiful and deserted 'thousand islands' which make up the Buccaneer Archipelago. Due to scheduled tour times at Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm, we cannot guarantee the amount or level of water flowing through the Horizontal Waterfalls at our chosen time of arrival.
- All bookings will be confirmed once minimum numbers are met to operate the tour. When booking online, full payment will be taken at time of booking. If we are unable to immediately confirm the flight, the booking will be placed 'on hold' pending minimum numbers. If for some reason we are unable to confirm the booking, a full refund will be issued.
- Tours and rates are based on a minimum of 4 passengers and subject to availability and/or flight loads at the time of booking. Children are classified as 3-12 years of age. Infants are classified as 0-2 years of age and may be carried free of charge on the lap of a parent. We observe a baggage allowance of 5kg per person. Please clearly communicate any special dietary requirements or food allergies at time of booking. Air Kimberley reserves the right to amend or cancel flight itineraries/flight routes due to weather and/or unforeseen circumstances.
- For safety and operational requirements Air Kimberley observes a maximum individual weight of 120kg per per person for all scenic tours.
- No refund will apply for cancellations within 48 hours of the tour departure. 3-7 days prior to departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Adverse weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances may mean that the scheduled itinerary cannot proceed as intended. If adverse weather or any unforseen circumstances arise and it means that you are unable to complete the full tour, then any refund will be adjusted on a pro-rata basis dependent on the flying time involved.
- Pricing may change at anytime at the discretion of the supplier (prior to purchase). Click the 'book tickets' link on this page for the most up to date pricing and information on this experience.
Location & Supplier
Address: 7 Gus Winckel Road, Broome, Western Australia 6725 Australia
7 people have added this to their Bucket List